Saturday 5 September 2015

The Meraki Maiden Awakening





Meraki - pronounced may-rah-kee - is a Greek word used to describe doing something whole heartedly with love and passion.

The actual definition is: To do something with soul, creativity and love - to put "something of yourself" into whatever it is you are doing.

When I first discovered this word I was immediately drawn to it; it perfectly describes my true self.

I am what some would consider a deep emotional thinker. I feel things deeply and have an intense need to express myself creatively.

Drawing, singing and writing have always been of interest to me. However, my lack of self-confidence and belief have stopped me from wanting to draw, sing or write.

I had been bound by fear, a fear of not being talented enough in these areas. So instead of taking the time to 'perfect my craft', I simply gave up.

Until today...

I feel as though this beautiful word has been delivered to me, as a gift from the from the universe.

After learning the true definition of the word meraki, I now feel inspired and motivated to express myself creatively.

Writing is something I have always wanted to pursue, and I have made some writing attempts in the past.

However, intrusive thoughts filled with anxiety and doubt, have stopped me from continuing with my passion; and that is not who I want to be anymore.

From now on I want to live with a heart full of meraki; so I have made the decision to no longer be limited by my fears and to just do the things I love, for me and no one else.

The first step is to curb my writing appetite, and thus The Meraki Maiden has been born.

I'm not sure what topics I will be touching on as yet; rest assured they will certinly be written with meraki!






2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are pursuing your passions! I too enjoy writing, drawing and singing. I draw mostly with my kids now but writing is the passion that I am choosing to explore at the moment. Thanks for sharing about "meraki", I love the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to your future! Good luck and if you need any help you can find me at www.annasworldblog.com for your journey!

    ReplyDelete