Tuesday 27 October 2015

Introducing!!!... The Meraki Maiden - Dating Diva Series


So, I have recently re-joined the single girls club again, yay me! I know most females my age would not be entirely thrilled with the idea of being in the more "mature" end of their 20 somethings, and of course still single. I on the other hand choose to embrace my new found freedom.

It's a chance for me to really connect with myself, improve on my awesomeness and just be fucking amazing! Oh yeah, plus a get to date again. Woo...

After renewing my single girl membership I was soon faced with the inevitable reality... I'm going to have to be open to the idea of dating 30 somethings... Now I know that might not sound  like such a big deal, but you have to keep in mind that when I last resided in the single world, I was in my early to mid 20's; back then 30 somethings were old and creepy, which means that I myself could potentially be considered old and possibly even creepy.

I then realised that I don't actually have any single friends left. Everyone I know is coupled up and prefer the family orientated lifestyle, which lead me to the next horrific realisation... Dating sites...

I'm sure most of you are 100% comfortable with meeting a potential partner this way. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just the standard now, considering there are so many dating apps available. I myself have no issue with online dating; I practically live my life online anyway (as sad and depressing as that sounds).

I then began to reminisce; there are definitely some hilariously memorable experiences from my dating past and knowing me I'm sure to meet some "interesting" people in my dating future.

Then it hit me! This would be perfect materiel for a Meraki Maiden series, I mean a writer has to get their stories from somewhere right? And boy oh boy will I have some tales to tell.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - The Meraki Maiden - Dating Diva Series!

First, dating episode will be posted soon.

In the meantime Live, Love and Laugh with Meraki xoxo





4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun thing to write about! I turn 30 next year and I'm totally in denial... I don't want to be old and creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun thing to write about! I turn 30 next year and I'm totally in denial... I don't want to be old and creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! Can't wait to read the stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am glad you feel good and happy with yourself.... Being single isn't a bad thing, a lot of relationships out there are fake, built on lies n deceit... Like you said live, laugh and be free .... Life should be enjoyed to its fullest.... Am younger than you said (27) but I understand exactly how you feel.... Great post...

    www.lexhansplace.com

    ReplyDelete