Saturday 31 October 2015

Happily Falling Together



Life, in all  its glory, is so beautiful; it is not always simple nor easy though. We all have or will face moments of disappointment, struggle and even misery. I myself journeyed through some troubled times. I can't say that I have always handled my struggles gracefully; but when I do look back and reminisce, I actually have a deep appreciation for each and every time I was sad, hurt, angry, or lost in this crazy world.  

We all know the age-old saying "That which does not kill you, makes you stronger", which is true. However, what most of us don't seem to realise, is that these moments are not what they appear to be. We have been taught and conditioned to believe that hardships are the enemy, designed to beat us down and cause us pain. When we enter a time of struggle, we innately feel disheartened and distressed, with a sense that everything is "falling apart".  

For me, everyday has it's challenges, as I'm sure it does for most of you. Career goals are my priority right now, both with my day job, and my aspirations to become a writer. I am at a point where opportunities seem to be in reach - mostly in my day job - and a lot of hard work and focus is required. I have certain expectations for myself, with the current role I'm in; but a lot of change seems to be happening in my workplace. Past experiences - in similar situations - have conditioned me to believe that the potential opportunities I thought I had, may no longer exist. I saw myself as a leader, and hoped to move into a management role. However, this may not be the case... 

Now, it could just be that my anxiety is playing on tricks on me. Nasty anxiety! Regardless, I've made the decision just let things play out as they should.  I also took the time to look back on the similar past experience, and reminded myself that everything worked out for me in the end. 

Our plans, dreams and heart desires may sometimes be disrupted; but it is in the eye of the storm that we learn our greatest lesson. I have come to believe that my struggles and disappointments, are merely opportunities to learn and grow. It's never a pleasant experience of course - no one likes to feel hurt or disappointed; but still I choose accept that everything happens for a good reason. 

If life can have its ups, it will certainly have its downs.  I am aware of my weaknesses, so I know I have strengths. If I am brought down by struggle or disappointment, I am not afraid to get up and face life with new faith and insight.

To anyone that is going through a difficult time - you have the power to turn your worries into wisdom. Accept what is happening and use what you have learned to step forward. Your struggle is merely giving you an opportunity to grow and prepare for what is yet to be experienced.   

Life is not falling apart, you are simply falling together. 

Meraki Maiden xoxo




3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said. I have witnessed first hand how my struggles have shaped me into who I am today. Job loss, unplanned pregnancy, anxiety, have all helped me grow as a person. It's hard to keep perspective sometimes though. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Melissa. I'm glad this has resonated with you. Wish you all the best with your current journeys.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully said. I have witnessed first hand how my struggles have shaped me into who I am today. Job loss, unplanned pregnancy, anxiety, have all helped me grow as a person. It's hard to keep perspective sometimes though. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete